Monday, August 25, 2008

You say Tomato, I say Tomaino

Rachel's first day of FIRST GRADE went great! Last week she got to meet her teacher and see her new classroom, which really helped her to get excited about first grade and put her mind at ease. She had no trouble going right into line and waving goodbye after flag ceremony. I was a little emotional knowing that she would be gone all day! Erick and I missed her but, we knew this day would come.




Mrs. Tomaino (aka Mrs. Tomato, or Mrs. Potatoe or whatever the kids think her name sounds like) made Rachel feel special right off the bat by asking her to help the other kids to say her name right! Rachel only knew because when I heard last year that there was a teacher named Mrs. Tomato I had
to find out if that was true. In my research I did find that one Mrs. Compose teaches music at Fay Galloway. (Get it ...... compose like write music ya know.)

10 comments:

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

Rachel must have had a good day because she is smiling the biggest smile I've ever seen from her in a picture.

Kristen said...

Clever title! I have to agree with Carmen, I'm happy to see Rachel's beautiful smile. She's so cute. Chris was home to keep Dalin company on the first day, but I think Dalin will be really lonely for Aiden today.

CB said...

yay for school! I think it is so much harder on the parents than the kids! :)

susan said...

Beautiful smile Rachel and congradulations on knowing how to say your teacher's name on the first day. You are so cute.

Christel Stearman said...

Congrats on your first day of 1st grade Rachel. It is always so nice when they like their teachers it makes the school year that much easier. We can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!!

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

Hi Natalie! This is Roxi Weeks May. I just clicked on your blog and just thought I would say Hi! Such a cute blog. Cute family. I am going to look at Christel's blog now...

Eliz said...

I am so glad Rachel had a good day. It is so sad that they are gone all day -- I miss getting Dagney her bizarre snacks. If you want to meet at the Mission Hills water park in the mornings give me a call -- only one more month left. Eliz

Megan said...

Wohoo for school! She looks so happy and ready to go. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it feel like they've practically moved out of the house, now that they eat lunch somewhere else? And I've joined the ranks of the parents who try to pry information out of their kids. How do I get my first grader to remember every detail of her day, and then to tell it to me?

Angie

Katie said...

First grade is fabulous. It looks like Rachel agrees. Congrats on a successful first day!