So for any of you who have been to our house, you know we have a wreath on our front door. (It helps people find our house when they all look exactly the same ya know?) So for the past week we have seen a lot of birds flying away when we open the front door. Another mysterious thing that has been happening is that we've been finding a lot of branches and sticks by the front door. I'd sweep them up and then a couple of days later they were there again. Weird huh? We are somewhat intelligent people so the thought occured to us that a bird could be building a nest somewhere near the front door, but we looked and found nothing until today. As Brian was returning to work after his lunch break I pointed out all the branches and twigs on the floor, and then he saw it! Perched on the top of our door wreath was a perfect little nest with 2 tiny eggs. Who would of thought, huh? Brian told me to throw them away, and I know I probably should get rid of the nest and eggs, but... they're so tiny and there's little spring baby birds growing inside. What's a girl to do?????
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Holy cow, that is so cool!!! It would be a little hard to know what to do with though I bet. Do the parents still try and come back to it? If they do you could try and move it to a safer location. Good luck :)
That is really neat. If the parents come back, which they might not since it has been moved, I would leave it! How cool would that be for your kids to watch the birds hatch. If the parents don't come back, I would probably just throw them out. Or you could get a heat lamp and incubate them in a cage or some kind of tank in your house and see what happens. I bet the kids would love that too.
that is so cute!
Hey Vikki had a nest on her wreath a few years ago, she just left it, they hatched and flew away... how fun..
Oh how cute!! I would definitely leave it and see waht happens...how cool for your kids!!
Post a Comment