Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Going back to Cali ...






We went to California again for track break! We did Disney's "Give a Day, Get a Day" service project and earned ourselves some free tickets to Disneyland! In the last 3 times we've been this was the least crowded! It was a sunny 70 degrees and a beautiful day to ride the rides. My mom and brother Brandon drove down with us, and we met my brother Ryan and his family there as well. The kids had even more fun going with family, especially with Jayla. They were so concerned for her that she was enjoying the rides and not scared of Pirates of the Caribbean, so cute! Rachel was my mom's ride partner, and Erick wanted to ride with Uncle Brandon, so Brian and I actually got to ride the rides together, it was so fun! Now for those of you that know us very well, we like to plan ahead. So the day before we were supposed to leave and we didn't have a hotel yet, I was panicking!!! Brian tried Priceline like 12 times, and we couldn't even get a 1 star hotel. We found out that there were a couple of conventions in town. So we finally found a hotel at the resort at Knotts Berry Farm. Paying full price for a room was painful, but it did come with free tickets to Knotts Berry Farm, and a free breakfast buffet. So after a non-crowded Disney day (15 minutes was our longest wait), we went to Knotts Berry Farm on a super crowded Saturday. No fast passes there, so we actually had to wait in long lines. It was brutal! 1 hour for a kiddie ride is RIDICULOUS! But the kids had fun and didn't complain too much about the long lines. They loved the roller coasters they got to ride on. Especially the Side Winder, and the Pony Express! To end our day at Knotts we got the traditionally famous fried chicken dinner, and that made my whole trip!

6 comments:

Jenessa said...

We stayed home for track break! how fun to go get out of town for a few days1

McKinna said...

ah sounds like a great trip! WAY cute pics 2....

Kaer said...

Sounds fun!

The Merricks said...

Where are the Disney pics? You guys have been every where lately it makes me feel like I need to go do something.

JLea said...

I found your blog... it's so cute! Jorja Leavitt

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

I didn't know you squeezed in Knott's Berry Farm! Thanks for posting so I can keep living vicariously through you...or can I just hire you to be our event planner!ha! I am so glad you told us about Disney Give a Day tickets - we got 'em so we are finally going to go...I'll have to call you for some tips!