Saturday, November 15, 2008
From the North Pole to Lake Havasu
Last week, (I know it's not like me to post so late, but I've been busy okay?) we had the exciting opportunity to go to the Polar Express in Williams, AZ with almost all the Hafens. We went 3 years ago when Erick was 1 and Rachel 3. For Brian and I it was exactly the same, even the food! The kids on the other hand, had a different experience than last time because of their ages. This time they loved Santa, last time they cried when they saw him. This time they listened and followed along with the book, last time they were crying and tired during the story. This time they ate only the desserts and noodles, and last time they ate only... desserts and noodles. (okay not that different.) Anyways we had a blast! Brian, being the great dad he is, took them swimming in the not-so-heated indoor pool before our dinner and train ride, which was fun! Not to mention we love staying at hotels and eating out, who doesn't right? The next morning we hadn't had enough excitement and adventure so we decided to try something new and extend the trip a little by going to Lake Havasu. There we visited the London Bridge (actually brought over from London,) ate pizza by the lakeside, rented paddleboats for 1/2 hour, (which was good because Brian made me do all the pedalling in the hot weather while he relaxed,) then hiked down the beach to the model seaplane show. The Lake Havasuians took that event very seriously. All in all it added another 1 1/2 to our trip and gave us a good four hours in return. I think we experienced all the seasons in a 24 hour period! Maybe we'll try that again in another 10 years!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun! I can't wait to take the kids in just a few weeks. :)
Your kids are the perfect age for the Polar Express. What a fun family trip.
I LOVE the polar express! We did that a few years ago, well before Dev was even born, and it was a blast! I know he would have so much fun now! It was so cute! Glad you guys had a great time!! Awesome pics to!
What an amazing day!! Dagney has to memorize for school two pages of the book -- I would much rather take a train ride and have someone else memorize it. I am so glad you had so much fun -- Lake Havasu really rocks at Spring Break -- you will have to visit there agian.
We should try the Polar Express again, too. Our kids still talk about it and they would probably really enjoy now that they are a little older. I sure wish I knew what I did to get kicked off your blog list...Ha!
What a fun activity! I wish there was something like that up here. I think there is one in Heber in Utah, but it doesn't sound near as fun as this one. What cute kids you have!!
I am so glad you got to go and that you had such a great time! When I look at Rachel it is like looking at you when you were younger. Both of you are beautiful!
Hey! I got your package yesterday, thanks so much, it is so cute and perfect! Hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment