Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Giving Thanks, and Getting Tickets!


We had the best Thanksgiving! This year our time was spent with my family in St.George with everyone (except Christel's hubby, Best Buy frowns on their managers missing Black Friday... it's kind of a big day for them.) From the minute we got there, the Wii games were on! Rachel had a hard time finding anyone to play Barbie's with her! Thursday we prepared all the food which was amazing, (thanks mom!) We spent 5 hours preparing it, and 5 minutes eating it! Then I mapped out my plan for the Black Friday stores and deals, then we had tasty pie. It was fun to get to see all my siblings, and even my grandparents! My mom and I ventured to Kohl's at 4 AM, then Walmart at 5AM, we were headed to Target by 6AM when the doors opened. My mom was distracted by me giving her the mission to accomplish at Target and didn't see the cop parked in the movies parking lot! The cop was trying to make friendly chit chat and we just wanted him to give us the business so we could get to our next thrill! He did drop the ticket and fine, but I felt bad that all the money my mom saved by shopping the deals, is now going towards her speeding ticket. But overall we had a blast shopping, we were gone until 10:30 and came home with a van full. Brian was great to take care of all the kids, and entertain them for the day with games and such! My parents just got back from their Hawaiian cruise a few days before Thanksgiving so we had to snap a shot of all these cute kids in the shirts. (FYI Rachel got a pink one but didn't wear it that day.)

3 comments:

Eliz said...

What deals did you get?? I can not wait to hear about it on Friday.

Megan said...

Sounds like a great thanksgiving. I tried to do some shopping, but when it came down to it I just didn't feel like it. So sad!

KG said...

Hi Natalie! It was fun to see your comment on my blog! Hope you guys are doing well. I clicked on your other blog...writings on the wall. Cute stuff! Do you ladies do BIG shadow figures for the wall? For a kids room...maybe a football player, skateboarder, or basketball player? I saw some in the Pottery Barn catalog, but of coarse they are way over-priced. Just thought I'd ask. Good to hear from you! Take care!