we made it through our last week of soccer! I really appreciate Brian taking time to coach Rachel's team. He wasn't super excited since he didn't know too much about the sport, but he did it for Rachel and because I asked him too. He was a great coach, and made sure all the kids had a positive and fun experience. They all learned a lot! Rachel, for instance, learned that she doesn't enjoy running around for 10 straight minutes, or having people kick balls around or through her. On the sidelines socializing with her teammates, or snack time at the end of the games were her favorite parts of soccer. (Do either of those things have anything to do with soccer? uh, no!) I know she loved spending time with her dad, because when I had to coach practice this week instead of Brian, she told me that dad was a better coach, and that having me run the practice was "just too weird." Which is a 6 year old's way of saying I was embarrassing her I guess. She did score a sweet solid plastic brass trophy out of it though! I also made it through a long Tuesday of babysitting 8 kids ages: 6 months, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6! I happened to have all the kids on the same day because there was no school. I now have a glimpse into the daily life of my mother-in-law, raising 9 kids! (Bless her heart!) It takes a patient woman to deal with all of that busyness. With 5 hours of all of them at my house, only 1 injury to report. Our old, free, heavily used trampoline formed a huge whole and ate the 3 year old. We are lucky he only bruised his cheek. Not something a mom wants to see on her kid the first day at the new babysitters house huh? His mom was very understanding about it, thank goodness. After a week like this I need a vacation. Good thing we are going to the POLAR EXPRESS tomorrow! Yesssss!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
WE ARE NOT THE CHAMPIONS, BUT...
we made it through our last week of soccer! I really appreciate Brian taking time to coach Rachel's team. He wasn't super excited since he didn't know too much about the sport, but he did it for Rachel and because I asked him too. He was a great coach, and made sure all the kids had a positive and fun experience. They all learned a lot! Rachel, for instance, learned that she doesn't enjoy running around for 10 straight minutes, or having people kick balls around or through her. On the sidelines socializing with her teammates, or snack time at the end of the games were her favorite parts of soccer. (Do either of those things have anything to do with soccer? uh, no!) I know she loved spending time with her dad, because when I had to coach practice this week instead of Brian, she told me that dad was a better coach, and that having me run the practice was "just too weird." Which is a 6 year old's way of saying I was embarrassing her I guess. She did score a sweet solid plastic brass trophy out of it though! I also made it through a long Tuesday of babysitting 8 kids ages: 6 months, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6! I happened to have all the kids on the same day because there was no school. I now have a glimpse into the daily life of my mother-in-law, raising 9 kids! (Bless her heart!) It takes a patient woman to deal with all of that busyness. With 5 hours of all of them at my house, only 1 injury to report. Our old, free, heavily used trampoline formed a huge whole and ate the 3 year old. We are lucky he only bruised his cheek. Not something a mom wants to see on her kid the first day at the new babysitters house huh? His mom was very understanding about it, thank goodness. After a week like this I need a vacation. Good thing we are going to the POLAR EXPRESS tomorrow! Yesssss!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did that seriously happen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
How sweet! I think Brian probably enjoyed spending time with Rachel as much as she did with him.
P.S. I can totally hear Erick saying that "Yesss" at the end of your post.
Yeah for soccer & a bigger yeah that it's over. ;) Hope you guys have a great time at the polar express! We got tickets for December, I can't wait! :)
Natalie you sure seemed to be in control when I saw you the other day. I hope you have a great time on your trip. Yeah for the end of Soccer season but it sounds like Rachel and dad have some great memories. That's what it's all about!
Our tramp (my dad used to sell them) also had the black mat fail on two separate occasions -- both times the same person fell through. It was really strange, the girl who twice fell through was a relative stranger and she and her family only visited the Slack family those two special times. PS I have the number for the man who used to sell them with my dad -- he gave us a great deal on our tramp.
Once you get to know Jeffrey, you'll learn that falling and bruising are a daily occurance. Hope you aren't too overwhelmed with babysitting! You do a great job and I am so glad that you are watching my kids.
Soccer snacks and real plastic trophies make the experience worthwhile. It's always a relief for the season to be over. Fun memories!
We too are glad to have soccer behind us...not because Saydi doesn't enjoy it though. She lives for soccer. Now it is on to basketball! :) I can't wait to read all about your trip when you get home!! Have fun!!!
Post a Comment