
In an effort to promote more athleticism in our family, I decided to prepare Rachel and Erick for the
Las Vegas Bobsled Team tryouts. What, you've never heard of this team you say? This only proves the exclusive nature of the team. I will give you the rundown of how this came to be. One day at work a person mentioned ice blocking. This is where you sit on a block of ice which generally leads to a frozen bum and the appearance that you wet your pants. I

thought this might be a fun activity for the kids, minus the frozen bum and pants wetting, so the idea of the ice sled was born. One day the kids and drew up a blueprint and made a materials lists. We then gathered up all the wood in the garage and headed over to Grandpa's workshop to begin construction. Due to bad weather, we had to wait a few weeks before taking it to the park to try it out. Finally the day arrived. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, throngs of people turned out for the event. Okay really it was just some random lady and her daughter who seamed to be

fascinated by the whole ordeal and hung out by us for far too long trying to be a part of the action. As the kids were sitting on the sled I began to be concerned about their safety since they did not have any helmets and I was sure they would come close to the speed of light, but then I remembered the air bags I built in and I stopped worrying. The time was at hand, the conditions were ideal, I gave the kids a push and was poised to hear their gleeful giggles as they raced down the hill. But alas, it was not to be. I watched as they went about

two feet. I was then compelled to drag them down the hill as the ice blocks crumbled leaving a trail of ice turds behind it. Needless to say, we abandoned the sled shortly thereafter in favor of the swings. Swings don't leave ice turds behind. Notice how the broken ice reflects my broken dreams, but at least the kids are happy. Fear not sports fans, I am sure we will build ice sled 2.0, but for now enjoy the pictures.
6 comments:
HA! I LOVED iceblocking back in the day! I love your make-shift sled! that is awesome! the handles and carpet- brilliant!! That sucks it left turds behind... it looks like it would have been a blast! The kids still do look happy tho! ;)
Wow! So much effort. I'm sorry it didn't work out the way you planned. It looked like it could have been fun.
who among us has not experienced the broken ice turds of life? better luck next time...
What a fun idea!! too bad it didn't work out as planned...second time's the charm
I am laughing so hard right now. I can tell a "Brian Post" before I even finish the first sentence and I am always laughing by the time I finish the last sentence! Loved this!!
Natalie, how fun. Maybe we should try this for our next meeting! We would for sure get out of there in time, right? Have a great time on your vacation, and I loved the sled!
Post a Comment