On Christmas Eve Brian only had to work a half day so we decided to do something fun as a family and go bowling. I tried to let the kids or Brian win, but my competitive side took over and I just couldn't help myself! The kids were able to bowl all by themselves (with the assistance of the bumpers and the ramp ;)
That night we drove around to look at Christmas lights in our new pjs. We tried to look at the houses that won the Henderson Holidays lights contest, but half the houses didn't have their lights on, COME ON PEOPLE it's Christmas Eve!
Our Christmas started at a record time for our house at 4 AM! The kids were both wide awake, and Brian made them sing a Christmas song to us to prove it! Right in the middle of opening her presents Rachel looks up to the baby Jesus we had hanging on our tree and says, " Happy Birthday Jesus! See mom I remembered that it's not all about the presents." I usually try to get the kids to focus on the reason for the season, who knows if they do or not, but that made us all laugh.
Brian made this Christmas a memorable one for me by giving "gifts from the heart." My first gift was a coupon book for 8, count em, 8 FREE hugs! Next was a haiku (poem) he wrote himself. And last but not least, my candy bar card which I loved (it had chocolate on it, duh!) He has a creative side and he's funny too! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. ARE you ready for 2010????????
3 comments:
I am glad you guys had such a nice Christmas. I bet they were super excited about the nintendo DS.
Sounds like a wonderful Christmas. I can't believe how grown up the kids are looking! :)
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas and I am sure that you guys made it a Happy Birthday for Jesus. Luucckkyy, you guys have DS's you must be rich!!
Post a Comment