Rachel and Erick have been asking for a long time if they could have a pet of some sort. I personally don't really care to have pets. But upon further consideration I decided that if we wanted to try having a pet, fish might not be so bad. They are low maintenance, cheap, and you can just flush em when they die (I know I'm not very sensitive to fishs' feelings.) So when the kids got a free bowl, fish food, water sanitizer we pretty much had no excuses left. The kids had to pay for their own fish and net so they of course chose the cheapest 13 cent goldfish. So without further ado we introduce Pooky and Boomer, our fish.
Friday, October 8, 2010
Our First (and maybe our only) Pets
Rachel and Erick have been asking for a long time if they could have a pet of some sort. I personally don't really care to have pets. But upon further consideration I decided that if we wanted to try having a pet, fish might not be so bad. They are low maintenance, cheap, and you can just flush em when they die (I know I'm not very sensitive to fishs' feelings.) So when the kids got a free bowl, fish food, water sanitizer we pretty much had no excuses left. The kids had to pay for their own fish and net so they of course chose the cheapest 13 cent goldfish. So without further ado we introduce Pooky and Boomer, our fish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks like those fish are really hooked up in their bowl. (No pun intended.) We haven't had good luck with goldfish, but i hope Boomer and Pooky have a long life. Did Brian tell you we once had a dog named Boomer?
Stick with the fish.. In a week moment a couple of summers ago we got a dog. A lot more clean up and food...She got out of the back yard a few weeks ago and got hit by a car and broke her leg. It was sad but hopefully she'll heal up OK. Although she's a hassle some times, I'm glad we didn't have to 'flush her down the toilet' The dog wouldn't have fit and the kids would have been sad. Well, good luck with the fish! It seems like every kids wants a pet.
I'm with ya...
I'll definatly let ya know... having dogs, totally SUCKS! They are like 2 more children!!! UGH! Don't do it!
ok, I'm done... ;)
Post a Comment