The kids had fun going to the Heritage Museum, the costume parade at school and class parties, trunk or treating with our ward, and trick or treating door to door at grandma's in St. George with Jayla and Kenedy! I am starting to get costumes earlier next year (just like I am going to start Christmas shopping earlier every year too! wink wink)
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Halloween (the holiday that seems to last as long as Christmas)
Is it just me or is Halloween starting to become as commercialized as Christmas??? Purple and orange lights for houses, blow up decorations in the yards, parties, junk food overload... need I go on? I kid, but seriously it's becoming quite the event, and don't even get me started on costumes. Ok I am officially going to talk about our costume experience this year. Ebay, i love it and hate it at the same time. Erick wanted to be Harry Potter so we searched for and won a costume complete with glasses that was brand new for about 7 bucks. Love ebay. Next, was Rachel's costume, she wanted to be a cheerleader. There were TONZ of options. We ended up winning a nice High School Musical cheerleader costume for $9.00 including shipping, still loving Ebay. Then said costume arrives, Rachel's tries it on, and she comes out it near tears because the dress doesn't even cover the bum. Now I am hatin' no returns on Ebay. I promised a costume, and talked her into Alice in Wonderland. She has the perfect hair, and shoes, and headband. All that's missing is the dress, no problem. I will just grab one at the store. Well 3 hours later I realize that starting at Rachel's tween size all the girls dresses are scanky!!! Way too short and french maid lookin-NOT HAPPENING at this house. I then called my mom and begged her to "help" me whip up a dress for Rachel during her upcoming visit. Little did my mom and I know how UN-simple the Simplicity pattern would be. My poor mom literally worked day and night to complete this dress by opportunity to wear costume number 1. We owe her BIG TIME!!! This dress is never leaving the family. She's the best! So without further ado...




The kids had fun going to the Heritage Museum, the costume parade at school and class parties, trunk or treating with our ward, and trick or treating door to door at grandma's in St. George with Jayla and Kenedy! I am starting to get costumes earlier next year (just like I am going to start Christmas shopping earlier every year too! wink wink)
The kids had fun going to the Heritage Museum, the costume parade at school and class parties, trunk or treating with our ward, and trick or treating door to door at grandma's in St. George with Jayla and Kenedy! I am starting to get costumes earlier next year (just like I am going to start Christmas shopping earlier every year too! wink wink)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have been waiting for the costume pictures. You're mom did an excellent job! They both look so cute:) Aiden said they look like the real deal
Totally agree with the skanky tween thing. The costumes turned out cute!
SO adorable!
Well the costumes turned out wonderful!
Post a Comment