Monday, October 13, 2008
A Faith Promoting Experience
You know your 4 year old cares too much about video games when... he is messing around with dad's PSP(on the Sabbath) and suddenly sets it on the table, takes a kneeling position at the closest possible location (the bench in the kitchen,) is quiet for a minute, then mutters an "amen." When I asked Erick what he was doing he innocently and with much faith replied, "Dad's game wasn't working, so I said a prayer to ask Heavenly Father to help it work again! Teaching moment... what would you say? Lucky for me I had a very knowledgeable 6 year old set him straight immediately. "Erick that is not an appropriate thing to pray for, so your prayer won't be answered. " Now had his dad been home to get the game to work, no problem, prayer answered. But I am clueless about how to work video games, except Nintendo Super Mario Brothers, I am awesome at that. I beat that game in like 1988 or something. I am impressed with myself that I even know what a PSP is. (Portable Play Station)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You rescued the princess in Super Mario brothers? Wow you are cool.
gotta love it!!super cute!
Natalie you rock! I am so impressed that his first thought was to pray. You have done something very right!
Prayer is alway a great place to turn when you need help. Good for Erick.
Totally great! What a great kid that knows he has a Heavenly Father that can answer prayers. What a super cute kid!! Way to be a good mommy!
Great.....so what you're telling me is that I will not be getting that Ferrari I have been praying for?
:)
LOL. We've had to have similar talks with the kids, and now Hunter doesn't understand why Zelda ISN'T an appropriate Sunday activity (because Mommy Zelda fights bad guys ... just like Nephi!). LOL.
Post a Comment