Wednesday, October 29, 2008
The Whole Month of October...
Rachel has been on track break all month! With Halloween approaching quickly I decided to let her plan a party for our friends that are also on track break. She planned the games, food, decorations, and wrote out the invites. Erick was not really into being a party planner this year, only a food taster! One of my good friends gave me a couple of party planning books which we found these cute (and super easy) ideas. We made ghost cookies, (nutty bars dipped in white chocolate with red hot eyes,) witch hats (striped fudge cookies with a Hershey's kiss on top,) and spooky hands with spider rings (clear gloves with popcorn inside.) Rachel's games were hot pumpkin, freeze dance, hide and seek the bats, and then we read a Halloween story. It was a short party in the morning, but the kids all had fun. Maybe next year I will be super brave and make the homemade root beer in a cauldron. Halloween is moving up on my list of favorite holidays. Keeping up with the spirit of Fall we have also been to the pumpkin patch, and trick-or-treating at the rec center. Enjoy the pictures! I can't wait to see all the cute blogs with your kids' costumes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
how fun! it looked great! -specially the food.... i'm up there with Erick and testing ALL of it... haha-
How cute that she planed her own party! It looked and sounded like she did a great job! Can I hire her?
Everything was awesome! Thank you so much...My kids loved it and I loved seeing the fun ideas.
What a fun party and cute refreshments and cute costumes
I love the cute and easy cookie ideas. I'll have to file it away for next year. Cute kiddos in costumes. :)
I want to hear all about the games -- I am looking out for good Halloween games. Looks like she is growing up to be a great hostess -- how fun!!
Post a Comment